BEWARE OF ROMA DOWNEY AND MARK BURNETT’S OTHER “JESUS”

Posted: February 7, 2014 in HOT TOPICS, Uncategorized
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Image

No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.” 2 Corinthians 11:13-14

What do you call someone who is a student of new age psychology and spiritualism? Do you call them new agers? Do you call them seekers? Would you dare call them Christian? Well, if you’re Roma Downey, then yes, you would call yourself all the above.

Recently I was coming across one of the Christian channels and stumbled upon The Jim Bakker Show. On the program, Jim and his wife Lori, were hosting their special guests Roma Downey and Mark Burnett as well as musical guest Jason Crabb. It was such a weird mixture of evangelical mish-mash that I was lured in to watching the program myself to find out exactly what was going to happen. I was not disappointed.

As I sat and listened to Jim introduce his two guests (Downey and Burnett), I recalled their previous work on the History Channel’s The Bible and how they managed to literally re-write the Bible itself, and presented another gospel message altogether. I was captured by their (Downey and Burnett) aggressive but subtle attempt to portray themselves as “believers”. The sappy spiritual love fest that permeated on set showed me that something was indeed changing within Christianity, and that something was another Jesus being introduced to the masses.

It needs to be understood by all who read this article that some facts need to be addressed, and once they are laid out for all to see, then a genuine decision can be made as to why these two individuals are making inroads into mainline Christianity and what their true motives are.

Roma Downey, a devout Roman Catholic, along with her husband, were heavily influenced in new age spirituality. Downey graduated from the University of Santa Monica, a private graduate school founded by New Age spiritual and self-help guru John-Roger, and will graduate with a master’s degree in spiritual psychology in June [2010].

Roma went even further into her new age Catholic spirituality by teaming up with acclaimed psychic John Edwards and co-produced a CD for children to be used for meditation and enlightenment, while Edwards introduced the teachings of contacting the dead (necromancy). In the book, Loyalty to Your Soul: The Heart of Spiritual Psychology,  by H. Ronald Hulnick, Ph.D., Mary R. Hulnick, Neale Donald Walsch. The New Age Roma Downey provides this glowing endorsement (viewable online) near the beginning of the book as follows:

“As a USM [University of Santa Monica] graduate, I know firsthand the value I received from participating with Ron and Mary in the Master’s degree Program in Spiritual Psychology. I am so grateful to have Loyalty to Your Soul to sweetly remind me of all I have learned. Let’s just say that I went from playing an angel on TV to living more of an angelic life every day. The teachings in this beautiful book have sent me on a journey to the very center of my own being where, wrapped in the safe wings of Love, I feel as though I have come home.”

Even further in regards to Ms. Downey’s position regarding spiritualism and her Catholic religion, Roma advocates the eastern mysticism teachings of Eckhart Tolle, another spiritual giant in the field of new age teachings, not to mention the connections Tolle has with Oprah Winfrey. But it’s fascinating to see such a connection that someone has to the world of the occult and then try to present a so called gospel message. Yet that’s exactly what Roma Downey and her husband are indeed doing, presenting another gospel, another Jesus.

Roma has consistently stated in past and current interviews that she is on a spiritual journey, not that she’s been “born again”, but that she regularly seeks a greater understanding of the world and the universe thru different means, namely spiritualism through higher intellectualism called spiritual psychology, where the mind connects to the energies surrounding the individual to gain a higher understanding of themselves and the world they live in. This is occultism 101.

It’s equally interesting to note that Roma Downey is close friends to Della Reese, the famed singer and actress, as well as founder and pastor of the church of Universal Foundation for Better Living. A Universal new age church which promotes mystic teachings and New Age Spirituality. It is also important to note that when one goes to miss Reese‘s church, its tenants has nothing to do with sin, for the concept of original sin is not accepted, nor is the concept that man is initially a sinner which needs a sinner, nor a Savior, for all men are God’s children, even the worse individual, so there is no need for repentance. Yet the word disputes this notion in Jeremiah 17:9. Yet it was Della Reese who influenced Roma as well as Downey’s husband Mark into seeking another gospel yet keeping some connections to their Catholic teaching, the combination between another Christ found in Catholicism and the addition of New Age spiritualism is a combination that seeks to do one thing, produce another gospel entirely. That is the agenda of those like Ms. Downey and her husband and the mere fact that Jim Bakker, a Pentecostal minister, who began his life preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, but now supports and embraces this new gospel, only cements the belief the apostle Paul warned about in many of his letters to the church, that the time will come when men, having itching ears, will not endure sound doctrine. (2 Timothy 4:3)

This new gospel which is being presented is what we have been warned about which was coming long before its arrival, yet many Christians, not understanding what is being promoted and taught, mainly due to the lack of genuine teaching in most pulpits today in many churches across America, is producing an illiterate group of believers who will not know what type of gospel message, or worse, what type of Christ is being presented, and what’s worse, it’s not the Jesus of the Bible, but another Jesus entirely. It is antichrist.

The gospel of Roma Downey and her husband Mark Burnett, is another Jesus, another gospel and another way, and if one accepts this Jesus, sadly, he will not save, nor redeem them, but condemn them for there is no truth in this Christ but only death, for his name is antichrist and he is the deceiver. Be warned.

Comments
  1. craig says:

I guess the funny thing is, Jesus drove the religious out of the temple, he called religious people a brood of vipers, but with the SINNERS, he loved them, ate and drank with them and showed them the GRACE that the religious wouldn’t. Also, if you’ll read the Bible, you’ll see Jesus forgiving people of their SINS when they never asked. That’s what’s interesting to me. I don’t think most of us who call ourselves CHRISTIANS, really even know the REAL JESUS! He’s more wonderful than I can imagine, He’s more loving than words and He’s more forgiving than imaginable. NO ONE knows HIM like they should and I truly believe that Jesus WOULD NOT want to be called a Christian today. Most of CHRISTIANS of today have forgotten the most important fundamental of being a CHRIST FOLLOWER, and that’s LOVE!!! I used to be just like Christopher, until I had children and I realized that my love for my child was evil compared to the love THE FATHER has for me. That revelation set me free and I stopped worrying about everybody else and realized that Jesus can be found in anything and everywhere if we just look. Don’t worry about being right and just love. Everyone is in a different place in life and I believe that Holy Spirit is helping and guiding us all. Be blessed and find Jesus in EVERYTHING!

Your opinion not biblically sound. The bible says to try the spirits and also to beware of false prophets and false teachers. How can you beware if you can’t judge. Just to name a few.

• God knows I watched this wonderful film on the LIFE, DEATH and RESURRECTION of JESUS CHRIST, conceived of Mary, God in the FLESH, SON of GOD…this MOVIE SON OF GOD is CHRIST CENTRED…it may not be PERFECT, as it was made by human beings…but it is well done and LIFTS UP OUR LORD and SAVIOR!! My case rests…as you condemn this movie…you condemn all the GOOD it is bringing to reveal CHRIST in the earth…to the masses.

” By this you may know (perceive and recognize) the Spirit of God: every spirit which acknowledges and confesses [the fact] that Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [actually] has become man and has come in the flesh is of God [has God for its source];
        And every spirit which does not acknowledge and confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh [but would annul, destroy, sever, disunite Him] is not of God [does not proceed from Him]. This [non-confession] is the [spirit] of the anti-christ, [of] which you heard that it was coming, and now it is already in the world.” 1Jn 4:2,3

• Rebecca says:

Christopher , my dear brother in the Lord, You write this article in a way to attack this couple because you think or you believe they are new age and all that. My question to you is , if you can do better than this couple to promote the name of the Lord Jesus and glorify His name why don’t you? Instead of criticizing each other let’s become united to glorify God’s name. Stop allowing the enemy to cause more division in the body of Messiah.

• Rebecca,
        All I did was examine who Roma Downey is, what is her beliefs, where did she get her teaching. Everything I wrote, much of it came from Roma’s own personal views when it comes to theology. It’s not an attack, it’s an examination of her beliefs.

Rebecca, it is the truth that Roma is new age. We can’t bury our head in the sand and believe a lie.
        Christiopher is not causing division the false teachers and false brethren are.

• Paul says:

Rebecca the woman who produced this film has a net worth above $500,000,000. That is a lot of zeroes. Do you think she gained that wealth by serving the Lord, since Jesus taught us that rich people will find it extremely difficult to enter into Heaven? Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” (The Gospel according to Matthew 19:24 TLV)
        Anyway, you totally ignore what Christopher explains in his article about the lies taught by Roma Downey and her husband regarding who Jesus Christ is, and what He is: their lies are being spread to SELL a false Christ to those who are not saved, not believers in Jesus and to those who do not KNOW JESUS:
        As the disciple of Jesus, John has written: “He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” (1 John 5:10-13 KJV)
        Rebecca, Christopher posted these truths 1) to help others see the truth about this movie, which portrays a false Christ; and 2) to help Christians remain steadfast in their faith and commitment to the truth about Jesus and to Him. If you do not understand what Christopher is writing or why, perhaps you are not born again? If so, you will not understand the truth about Jesus or know Him in a personal relationship, until you are born again.

• Natalia Untung says:

Yes craig :) I hope that you will be more and more in Jesus. God bless you and your family :)

Craig…………..Don’t be worried about being right……..just love. If we are wrong about salvation…………we are lost.

• Paul says:

Craig, it is not true that Jesus ‘can be found in anything and everything.’ Jesus Himself stated that He is God. Is God found in ‘anything and everything?’ Your statement is something like what we could find written by Ayn Rand or Yogi Suchandsuch; it is not what is written in the New Testament, or what Jesus himself said. Also, to say Jesus would not want to call Himself Christian if He was here, is disingenuous. Jesus is God. When He comes back to this world the next time, it will be to judge the unrepentant wicked, even if that means hundreds of millions of unbelievers, but, in particular, those who willingly refused to believe in Him, those who heard the truth about Him but willingly chose to believe in a lie; those whom God has planted and allowed to grow, but who are the children of Satan; and all those who live a lie and refuse to believe the truth about God and about His only begotten Son. Namby-Pamby religious falderal like the mushy words you share here do nothing to move a soul towards conviction of “sin, righteousness, and judgement to come.” When the Lord, Jesus left this world (shortly before) He stated an explanation of these words that He spoke: Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. (John 16:7-11 KJV).
      Craig, would you state unequivocally that you are ‘born again?’ If not, you know that it is impossible to be a Christian and not be born again, right?

My family and I saw the movie and were moved by it. We, too, noticed slight, inconsequential deviations from scripture. Nothing, though, took away from or changed the essence of the story. If you got your way, the movie would not have been made, and millions of Americans would not be talking about Jesus. Of course it wasn’t perfect. Jesus and the people of his day didn’t speak English with a slight British accent, either. But it would not have been very useful to have the accuracy of the Aramaic language that they did speak, either. Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water!

I totally agree with u . My family enjoyed the movie. People need to leave it alone. If one person who sees it changes their life and follows Jesus then thats all that matters!!

• Susan says:

Exactly!!!

• Clancy5 says:

That is very risky to not hold to the standards that Jesus calls us to. He wasn’t as wishy-washy and expects Christians to know His Words in the Bible… not just try to guess at what they are. The movie was totally off on many aspects and definitely didn’t even try to stick to some vital events… like Jesus did not defile himself and kiss the head of dead Lazurus. He had them roll away the stone and called him “Lazarus Come Out.” (Jn 11:14) Period. They took too many theatrical licenses and I am afraid that their other series The Bible does the same thing. There was no “need for Christ” with the way they portrayed the teachings of Christ just being this loving whisper of who He really was. If you just fudge so much of the truth then the truth gets lost… and Jesus is the Truth, the Life, and the Way… not man just deciding for himself what he decides Jesus is.

Amen.

3. Dwayne says:

Jesus said in this Word that they “the world” would know us by our love one for another.
    Unless our righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees we shall in no wise enter the Kingdom of God. Stop judging and pray for one another that we ALL may be healed.
    Truth stands alone and when all has been said and done Truth will still be standing.

Dwayne. we are to judge righteously………how will you know a false teacher that the bible warns of if you don’t judge. Roma needs to be exposed for her new age beliefs.

4. Bruce B says:

I very much enjoy your site. I was initially desiring to share your content via other sources (existing and future) to expand the readership of this kind of message. I read in one of your replies that it was OK to do so (the commenter noted he would give credit and source back to you, even though you did not imply that it was necessary to do so). Therefore I plan to utilize some of your writings, giving proper notation of it’s source. I’ll let you know if I get my own blog/site going. Let me know if there’s any objections to this. So far I am very much in agreement with all you’ve written (all that I’ve read). Blessings to you as you minister in your giftedness. Your voice is needed in this time to rightly divide the word of truth. I personally believe many excellent pastor-types are very conflicted in this present day – wanting to keep the ear of the luke-warm (so that they will become encouraged to develop into maturity) while at the same time needing to bring the meat of the word to the mature. These kinds of forums allow the truest/mature disciples to hear the timely/strongest word of the Lord. Let us keep in mind that many believers may be stronger than their pastor’s in some topics, and the Lord has instructed those believers to remain in those churches just so that they may share (your) very words from Christ to their brothers and sisters, and perhaps to their pastors. In the name of Jesus Christ – Thank you.

5. Bruce B says:

Dear Christopher, I would like to correspond with you in a more private manner than this blog, if possible. Is there another way? If so please let me know if you are interested. My main interest is to possible utilize your writing, and you possible utilize mine. (I also comment above, on March 4 date stamp). Thanks

6. Abecerra says:

I am an actor and have worked on film. I am happy for the work Roma did on this film.
    articles like this are what kill good Christian intention. Many heard the message of Salvation. many cried and applauded. BUT you , you pharisee have to look at the negative. Focus on salvation and stop criticizing. especially if you don’t have the millions it take
    s to make a perfect time piece film.

• John Scott says:

It is imperative people study, I mean really study scripture. One of the benefits of doing so is they will know if a movie that depicts the Bible is accurate or not. I have not seen this movie. Is it accurate in your opinion? I have been told this movie has Jesus saying things that are not scriptural. Is that true? If so I would say this movie would then be misleading and would present a false doctrine. What is your opinion?

• Clancy5 says:

Truth is Jesus’ message wasn’t just about Loving others… it was in repenting of our sinful selves. His GIFT of life to us is totally exciting, but if you don’t even get to the point of repenting sin… then you are not saved by the truth… you are still lost in your sin. Not my words… just the messenger of the words of God in His Bible.

• Jennifer Quade says:

I have read many of these posts and my fear is that the masses don’t know scripture and therefore cannot discern truth from falsehood. We need to be very careful when handling he word of God, and never take liberties with it. It is very concerning to me that Roma is getting a pass from evangelicals on this film and on the miniseries “The Bible”. I couldn’t watch the miniseries because it was disjointed and vital biblical truths. People who don’t know God’s word would not be aware of that. A true convert is converted by the Word of God, not Hollywood entertainment. If conversion has taken place there will be a strong desire for scripture and biblical truth. A true Christian can see through false teaching and teachers because they have the Holy Spirit. Roma Downy reminds me of the like of Joel Osteen. I will pray for her. Satan is very conniving and is alive and well in the American Church. We all need to be on guard.

I pray for blind eyes to open.Because the candy taste good does not make it good for you!

• Did Jesus need millions in gold or silver to get his message out? Did he [and all the apostles] not warn his disciples to judge righteous judgment [John 7:24], and to take heed that no man deceive them?[Mat 24:4: 2Thes 2:3] Did Jesus ever “look at the negative” or not? John 8, Mat 23, and Mat 21]?

I’m afraid that you, like most professing Christians, seldom, if ever, read the bible. If you did, you would not be complaining about someone who takes heed to the warnings it contains everywhere, and faithfully warns others.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
      Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
      2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
      2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

7. Stacey B says:

People need to stop claiming that Christians ought not to judge. Use a Strong’s Concordance and look up the words kreno, anakreno, and diakreno. They were all translated as “judge” in English but have three different meanings. Christians are to discern, to analyze, etc. what comes across our path, whether it be a message in church, an article in a magazine, a tv program, etc. Also, check out the passages in the New Testament about false teachers and false doctrines. There are quite a few in the epistles. Downey and her husband, according to their own words, are not trusting Jesus alone. God help us as so many are being deceived!

• MamaG says:

I interpret the judging we are to do to be for personal revelation, not public spectacle or condemnation. The closer and more intimate we are with the Spirit, the more wisdom and insight we have, which should lead to a deeper Love, not a scowl. It is Love that will allow us to connect with people. After that, God, the Trinity, teaches and changes hearts, lives and minds. It was love and concern for our family that opened our spirit to hear the truth. If fingers had been pointed, or judgement show, another layer of brick would have been erected to protect our hearts.

8. […] already presented facts based on Roma Downey’s personal religious views here, it is then no stretch of the imagination as to why the makers of this film would present Christ as […]

9. Steve Wetzel says:

I can’t find the meat on the bones. Guilt by association, her schooling, past and current interviews – but nothing solid. I looking for specific comments contrary to the Word, not broad overviews. You could be 100% correct, but without substance, this article fails. Give us more.

10. Dana little says:

Thank you for confirmation on what I felt the HolySpirit was speaking to me. I listen to Rev. Jimmy Swaggart at Family Worship Center Church and they too have taken a strong position against all that stand in opposition of the Truth. Deception has many faces and many Christians are perishing for lack of knowledge.

• I love Jimmy Swaggart. Great preacher.

• Steve Wetzel says:

^ and that’s a problem. You like an admitted womanizer/ adulterer who did such thing during a time when he was speaking from the pulpit.

• Jason says:

–V– Wow, Steve, you must really be high up on the food chain, right up there with God. You condemn a man that brought thousands to Christ over his career for a fleshly, human discretion. He made a mistake, asked for forgiveness and received it – ancient history. God doesn’t even remember it, but you certainly do and think loving him is a “problem”. I sure hope the people in your life haven’t been as hard on you for YOUR sins… or do you not have any?

• Steve Wetzel says:

I’ve never been a fan of Swaggart’s fake crying on stage. He and Bakker did much to hurt the Christian faith in America. Maybe if we held our own to account more often, Christ would not be mocked as much as He is the U.S. But no – we don’t do that. Instead we give the Swaggart’s a free pass because he gives us “Holy Ghost” goosebumps. Pardon me if I refuse to sip that kool-aid.

• It must be nice to be sinless.

Um… she’s an actress!! Why the debate?

12. estella says:

I am so sad! I know what this is all about, its not about someone trying to bring God’s message to an evil world but that is coming from a devout Catholic. Gosh can’t you just love God and all his people. The truth is that you being from another religion can’t even allow your heart to be happy for the beauty of the message because it came from a catholic. Deep down you know that. God Knows that. I would really repent from that, we are all God’s people, there are so many misconceptions about Catholics. Before you judge or criticize the teachings, do some research! Most importantly search your heart. I pray that all his people stay in unity, pray together and serve our Lord Jesus! I will pray for you no matter what religion you are because you are God’s child.
    God Bless you, Bless Roma and Mark for doing this! May all us Christians support each other and do it for God’s Glory.
    I am so tired of seeing nothing but evil movies being pushed down our throats that seeing this wonderful movie gives me hope, perfect or not.

• Angie says:

It’s not about us, people. It’s about whether Christ was given glory, honor, respect and praise in all of this. It’s about what pleases HIM. He certainly wouldn’t want the meaning of the gospel changed. I haven’t seen the movie but I already felt caution about it just as I am cautious about ANY movie depicting Christ. That’s such a great responsibility.

• nldel55 says:

Just how does one PLEASE God? IF someone does NOT believe GOD as one man is this wrong? How can a GOD have a want? I find it difficult to listen to some of this and find GOD to need pleasure and have wants… SO maybe some of this is in the looking at this as literal or carnal thinking? YES LOVE UNITES, FEAR DIVIDES!

• Clancy5 says:

amen!

13. Lynette Lewis says:

Everything that’s good doesn’t make it inspired by God.

Who said this movie was inspired by God? That’s the point you and Christopher seem to be missing. No one is suggesting you throw out your bible and only watch movies intended for broader audiences. It’s this kind of ambiguous and misleading comment that hardens your heart from the God of the inspired Word.

14. Cornelius says:

Get thee behind me, Satana! I must admit you are not very Christian Like! W#hat is about the Good News of Jesus, the Christ, that makes you so mad?

I went to see the Son of God movie….I found it very moving and mostly true to the scriptures….from the virgin birth, to the Miracles Jesus performed, to the charges against Him, His death,burial and resurrection…..And with the surround sound in the movie, it really made you feel like you were right in the middle of the crowd…..and when they were beating him while he was carrying His cross, falling down, and struggling to carry it, I had to leave….I couldn’t stand the pain He suffered……..ALL FOR YOU AND ME…..SINNERS…….I was focused on the story that has been told so many times that I didn’t find fault and judge the people who protrayed Jesus and Mary, His deciples and other actors…..it didn’t change the story of His LOVE for us….

16. We are living in the LAST DAYS ARE WE NOT?

I love Jesus with all of my heart and I have to say arguing, and judging others is not what God intended. Yes the movie is not exactly what is said in the scriptures but the message of love and hope for a dying world that Christ exist is what we should acknowledge. In all the gospels all of our beloved brothers gave different accounts with their relationship with Christ and on His wondrous glorious works. My walk with the Lord is not the same as anyone else. Its a personal relationship with our savior and with each relationship they are different. I am not taking away from anyone else’s beliefs here, I am just wanting to say that in these latter days we should be looking at how to get the message out to a society that has come against and away from Him. What breaks my heart is that there is so much controversy with Christians on this movie but not once have I seen Christians standing against movies with witchcraft, murder and lust. I for one am grateful that God can speak a message to many through which ever way this world will see. God Bless you all for your faith in God. and please I beseech each of you with an open heart to see that God can use anything to bring His glory and His Name to the lost.

• I don’t doubt your sincerity, but it is the believers job to “test all things” and not just accept everything that comes in the name of Christ. Satan comes not as a demon or an ugly being, but as an angel of light. If you examine the scriptures then apply them to this movie you will see the error.

In this movie, they portray Christ as a law breaker, when he went into Lazarus tomb and laid hands on the dead body, and even kissed him, Christ violated the law, he then became unclean – this is why it’s not correct. Christ could not violate the law nor would not violate the law, this made Christ in the movie a sinner, because he was not “sinless”. The movie makers attempt to make Christ not deity but simply a mere man without his deity or sinlessness, it’s a trick on character. I was in the film industry for nearly 15 years and I can tell you that the creators of this film knew exactly what they were doing.

18. nldel55 says:

Christ came not to unite, but to divide the wheat from the tares… the wickedness from the goodness. Truth divides not unites. However, true believers should be united.<<< In this VERSE I see much TRUTH as to the wheat and tares, but who told you these where people? To me this is the struggle with the flesh each of us is in every minute of everyday,do we see things carnally or SPIRITUALLY. Where is all the wickedness and goodness only in the one side and not the other? What do you do with the verses that states GOD repented, do you know what repent means? What about the verses that say GOD created evil? TRUTH UNITES as ONE and TRUTH can NEVER be divided. I believe what you see as truth is NOT TRUTH at all. TO ME there is BUT ONE TRUTH, CHRIST which is LIFE! So I see the verse of the tares and wheat to be how I should look withIN my own self not others. How I can show LOVE to all, In TRUTH which is the ETERNAL LOVE of GOD for ALL. TRUTH is EVERLASTING LIFE, THESE are the TRUTH…
    Galatians 5:22-23
    King James Version (KJV)
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.LOVE, JOY, PEACE, all the GIFT of the SPIRIT.I believe this is how GOD IS shown here on this earth. When we see these we see GOD. DO you find JUDGEMENT in these FRUITS? What are YOUR fruits… I am busy finding them me. I AM THANKFUL!. Eph_6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

19. nicole says:

Look I will solve this stupid debate right now. Name one movie that followed any book to the letter. Every movie based on a book has been changed. And I’m sorry if you are a mindless drone that just believes anything. My kids noticed changes asked questions and we looked it up in the bible together and then talked about it. My kids are smart enough to know that if it doesn’t seem right we have to research it.

20. Susan says:

The main concern I have is…did the movie adequately communicate the whole and true Gospel…not just some parts of it. Was man’s wretched sin-nature shown? Was it clear that this is the reason the Son of God had to be born and had to die…? Was the need for repentance communicated…? Was it clearly stated that Jesus Christ is THE ONLY WAY….? If people walk away from the movie just thinking that Jesus is a wonderful loving man and even if they believe he died for them…if they don’t understand their wretched sin state (which is required to fully understand what Christ did for us) then they have not heard the whole and true Gospel. There must be true repentance as well. Even the demons believe that Jesus is the Son of God…believing is not the only requirement and if a person merely “accepts” Jesus as personal Savior…that is not the the complete Gospel either. People must understand that they have broken God’s law and will found guilty on judgement day apart from being found in Christ. The work of regeneration must occur by His Holy Spirit…concerned that a movie that only gives part of the message could do more damage than good in the long run. Simply thinking about souls and eternity.

• Clancy5 says:

I totally agree with you. The need to repent and be saved was lost in the way this movie was developed. Even Satan “believes” in Jesus and knows one day he is doomed because of His sacrifice and breaking of the power of sin and death… mankind needs to meet their spiritual needs through Christ and Him alone!! I did not get that from this movie and/or their other movies. I am hesitant to see how Noah is also devoid of these truths. Lots of interest enough to produce and show these “God-related” movies, but the truth would not be as popular so that is why I suspect that they water it all down so that people leave with “good” feelings. Those good feelings are possible, but the change of taking the steps to have true faith in Jesus Christ alone is the first step.

An unbeliever going to that movie would not have heard the meaning of the gospel. It did not present the message of salvation.

21. Murl says:

It’s interesting reading some of these comments, where on one side you have the “grace only/love only matters” crowd, and on the other side are the legalistic. Somewhere in the middle is where God is. The one review of this movie that I read was from Answers in Genesis, and they point out that the Gospel is not being presented in this movie. The movie gives us the love of Jesus, but fails to mention repentance of sins, and turning from sin before accepting Christ. This is extremely important, to both the non-believer and the believer. If you just present a movie about the life of Jesus and it’s all about love, then you may not even know why you need a savior. Without repentance from sin, what did Jesus die for? American “Christians” are so concerned with winning people to Christ that they’ll often times not discuss sin and death, or what it really means to follow Christ. And for the record, Jesus talked more about hell in the Gospels then he did about heaven. Jesus is often quoted as growing frustrated with his disciples, and railing against the Pharisees for false teachings. And whenever Jesus healed someone or offered salvation to someone he ALWAYS told that person, “go and sin no more.” From what I’ve gleaned from various opinions on the internet about this movie is that Downey and Burnett made sure to cover the “love” that Jesus Christ embodies, but completely forgot to talk about sin. And for me, that is false teaching, and leading people AWAY from who Jesus Christ really is.

22. Hester says:

This man has not said anything wrong.America is full of a bunch of lazy people who are not in the word of God,they do not have a personal prayer life, they are addicted to entertainment and they are numb to the things of God. They operate by formulas that are deviant from the life and testimony of Jesus Christ the Messiah. They are lured away by deceiving spirits and because they are so lazy and do not work out their own salvation with fear and trembling they follow seducing spirits. A seducing spirit is just that, it is subtle and comes in a form that seems right. Well, the word of God says there IS a way that SEEMS right to a man, but it’s end is destruction! (Proverbs 14:12) I find the vitriolic responses on here very telling. Jesus warned the disciples to take heed that no man deceive them. He did not give that warning for nothing. We are being tested in this. We must test the spirits. That is bible. No one should be offended by that. There ARE False doctrines out there and lying spirits! Grow up, Body of Christ! Take up your cross and get maturity! Get off the breast milk, and get your teeth in place so that you can eat the MEAT of the word!! Stop being lazy, The Lord will hold you accountable as to whether you heed warnings and walk in the truth. We are to walk in the Holy Spirit and the Truth! There is nothing that Chris has written here that is mean spirited or nasty. But on the other hand, warnings aren’t sugary sweet! I pray The Lord will open all of our eyes, because we ARE living in the times of great DECEPTION. What do you think apostasy is?? Yes, God is love, but did you know that the love of God also leads him to chasten those he says are sons? So I guess the question is, are you a son or a bastard? Wake up! Get into the word of God and submit to the WHOLE COUNSEL of God. The Lord warns because he loves! And “unity” is not always an indication that God is in the midst. The Tower of Babel was raised by a unified people. Let’s get some discernment. There is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning the source of a movie or a book or a song. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. And it is plain foolish to not question.
    In the bible Paul was followed for three days by a woman who had a DEMON spirit that was speaking “truth”. It sounded right! But after a few days, Paul cast the demon spirit OUT of that woman. These examples are given for our benefit, not to harm us.

23. jimmyoc says:

Hi, if you would to read a full account of the battle for Mount Longdon, the same battle that Mark Burnett took part in, you may want to read, Three Days in June, it is the definitive account of the battle. the kindle version is available on Amazon with 62 reviews, or if you search EBay for Three Days in June, the paperback version is also available, there is a Facebook page titled Three Days in June here there is more photos of the book.

24. Sean says:

I resent the mischaracterization of Catholic belief found in this blog. It is obvious that whatever the writer knows about Catholic teaching, dogma or doctrine came from anti-Catholic hatemongers and liars. I am fully aware of how these deceivers take remarks from Catholic writers or even sections of the Catechism out of context to serve their own distorted view of Christ and His Church.

I know nothing about Roma Downey’s relationship to Catholicism or New Age beliefs. I have no doubt that she is not as well informed about her faith if, indeed, she is mixing with New Age gurus.

25. Sean says:

By the way, I am a catechist, a teacher of auhentic Catholic belief, not some fly-by-night nutcase. If anyone wishes to ask about Catholic belief, I’ll be happy to reply.

• Sean,
      So since you advocate Catholic belief, here’s the question – are you saved by faith alone or must there be works to justify ones salvation? And by the way, I’m not a novice either for future clarification.

Sean, Do you have to be baptized to be saved? Is missing Mass on Sunday a mortal (DEADLY) sin……..unless you have a good reason ? Is the Cath Church the only TRUE church? I was raised Catholic.

What would happen if some brave soldier in Christ who is in Warren’s Bible Study, published by Southern Baptist Lifeway Publishers, decides to stand up at Saddleback Church, and publicly oppose Rick Warren face-to-face, the way the Apostle Paul opposed Peter face-to-face, and reads the above expose and the one below on Roma Downey, whom Warren surrendered his pulpit and church, as he did with three other principalities (Daniel Amen, Mark Hymen, Mehmet Oz) false teachers in his Daniel Plan?

ROMA DOWNEY:

In the March 2014 First for Women magazine, Downey said, “I think we all have a responsibility to see God in each other. That’s how I’ve raised my children – that no matter whose face they look into, they’re looking into the face of God, who’s in all of us.”
    Source: First for Women magazine, 03/31/14, pp. 44-45

Now that means you have to see the face of God in whom Isaiah said this:
    “To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” Isaiah 8:20

Now that means you would have to see the face of God in the Judaizers whom Paul twice eternally damned in Galatians.
    That means you would have to see the face of God in whom Paul called servants of Satan masquerading as servants of righteousness:

“No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.” 2 Corinthians 11:14-15
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

That means you would have to see the face of God in who the Apostle John said:

“and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.” 1 John 4:3

That means you would have to see the face of God in whom Jesus called brood of vipers.
    That means you would have to see the face of God in whom Jesus called “depart from me ye wicked and accursed I never knew you.”
    That means you would have to see the face of God in whom Jesus called “Ye are of your father the devil”:

“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” John 8:44

Says Roma states, ‘My kids go to school about a 40-minute drive away. I’m open to the group’s opinion about what we listen to on the way there. On the way back, I get my own selections — books on tape by Eckhart Tolle, Tony Robbins…My husband says I’m so self-realized I’m practically levitating.’ Tony Robbins walked on fire and Eckart Tolle is a New Age leader who states in his book:

“Don’t get attached to any one word. You can substitute ‘Christ’ for presence, if that is more meaningful to you. Christ is your God-essence or the Self, as it is sometimes called in the East. The only difference between Christ and presence is that Christ refers to your indwelling divinity regardless of whether you are conscious of it or not, whereas presence means your awakened divinity or God-essence.”
    Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment (Novato, CA: Namaste, 1999), p. 104.

• Robert Stumpf says:

Perhaps the problem here is the misunderstand of what the face or image of God is. God created man in his image. We all are made in his image. If I look at a unbeliever I see Gods handiwork or image or maybe even face. Lost of saved if God has revealed the light to an individual by faith that light is received salvation is between the believer and the savior. Pray more for the lost and share more love in your Spiritual walk. Whom God calls into the light is in the light. Who denies Christ as savior is lost.

27. […] is. Some critics of this film discern a pattern or agenda to these deviations. (See here, here and here.) I cannot find anything so […]

28. […] is. Some critics of this film discern a pattern or agenda to these deviations. (See here, here and here.) I cannot find anything so […]

29. pfamilygal says:

Catholics do not worship another Christ. We worship Christ crucified, the living Word, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. Perhaps before engaging in ignorant anti-catholic rhetoric, you might take the time to read the Catechism of the Catholic Church and find out what we really believe.

• Do you pray to mary? Yes or no.

• Jane says:

Anyone Christian who reads the Catechism of the Catholic Church is inviting trouble…I will stick with the King James Version of the Bible….why don’t you go read the KJV and find out about the real Christ..no one in the Catholic Church can replace Christ as suggested by the title Vicar. Even the Catholics stance on Peter is wrong…Peter is not the Rock..Christ is.

I was raised Catholic. I was born again at 24 and left thereafter. Those that I personally know who are Catholic do not have a personal relationship with Jesus. They have religion. They believe that they are good people and will get to heaven because they are “Catholic”. Born a Catholic and will die a Catholic. They have a cafeteria religion………….pick and choose what you like and throw the rest out. They don’t miss mass on Sunday to be on the safe side. They have been taught a good works mentality…………..they are establishing their own righteousness. You can ask a Catholic how they will gain heaven and you will get the standard reply. I hope I get to heaven. Or some reply about how they a good or that they are trying. It is not anti Cath rhetoric it is just the truth.

30. […] nypost.com/2014/02/26/son-of-god-fails-to-deliver-a-holy-message/ thepropheticnews.com/2014/02/07/beware-of-roma-downey-and-mark-burnetts-other-jesus/ […]

31. Thanks for sharing this post.So useful!

32. Jimmy Miller says:

Downey and Burnette are DEMONIC!!! Well written Christopher. Continue to EXHORT, REPROVE & REBUKE these demons as Jesus commanded! 2 Timothy 4:2 – We are certainly to JUDGE…RIGHTEOUSLY! We are going to judge ANGELS! 1 Corinthians 6:3 Don’t listen to the banter Christopher….The WORLD is going to hate the TRUTH of Yeshua. March on Brother.