BEWARE OF ROMA DOWNEY AND MARK BURNETT’S OTHER “JESUS”

Posted: February 7, 2014 in HOT TOPICS, Uncategorized
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Image

No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.” 2 Corinthians 11:13-14

What do you call someone who is a student of new age psychology and spiritualism? Do you call them new agers? Do you call them seekers? Would you dare call them Christian? Well, if you’re Roma Downey, then yes, you would call yourself all the above.

Recently I was coming across one of the Christian channels and stumbled upon The Jim Bakker Show. On the program, Jim and his wife Lori, were hosting their special guests Roma Downey and Mark Burnett as well as musical guest Jason Crabb. It was such a weird mixture of evangelical mish-mash that I was lured in to watching the program myself to find out exactly what was going to happen. I was not disappointed.

As I sat and listened to Jim introduce his two guests (Downey and Burnett), I recalled their previous work on the History Channel’s The Bible and how they managed to literally re-write the Bible itself, and presented another gospel message altogether. I was captured by their (Downey and Burnett) aggressive but subtle attempt to portray themselves as “believers”. The sappy spiritual love fest that permeated on set showed me that something was indeed changing within Christianity, and that something was another Jesus being introduced to the masses.

It needs to be understood by all who read this article that some facts need to be addressed, and once they are laid out for all to see, then a genuine decision can be made as to why these two individuals are making inroads into mainline Christianity and what their true motives are.

Roma Downey, a devout Roman Catholic, along with her husband, were heavily influenced in new age spirituality. Downey graduated from the University of Santa Monica, a private graduate school founded by New Age spiritual and self-help guru John-Roger, and will graduate with a master’s degree in spiritual psychology in June [2010].

Roma went even further into her new age Catholic spirituality by teaming up with acclaimed psychic John Edwards and co-produced a CD for children to be used for meditation and enlightenment, while Edwards introduced the teachings of contacting the dead (necromancy). In the book, Loyalty to Your Soul: The Heart of Spiritual Psychology,  by H. Ronald Hulnick, Ph.D., Mary R. Hulnick, Neale Donald Walsch. The New Age Roma Downey provides this glowing endorsement (viewable online) near the beginning of the book as follows:

“As a USM [University of Santa Monica] graduate, I know firsthand the value I received from participating with Ron and Mary in the Master’s degree Program in Spiritual Psychology. I am so grateful to have Loyalty to Your Soul to sweetly remind me of all I have learned. Let’s just say that I went from playing an angel on TV to living more of an angelic life every day. The teachings in this beautiful book have sent me on a journey to the very center of my own being where, wrapped in the safe wings of Love, I feel as though I have come home.”

Even further in regards to Ms. Downey’s position regarding spiritualism and her Catholic religion, Roma advocates the eastern mysticism teachings of Eckhart Tolle, another spiritual giant in the field of new age teachings, not to mention the connections Tolle has with Oprah Winfrey. But it’s fascinating to see such a connection that someone has to the world of the occult and then try to present a so called gospel message. Yet that’s exactly what Roma Downey and her husband are indeed doing, presenting another gospel, another Jesus.

Roma has consistently stated in past and current interviews that she is on a spiritual journey, not that she’s been “born again”, but that she regularly seeks a greater understanding of the world and the universe thru different means, namely spiritualism through higher intellectualism called spiritual psychology, where the mind connects to the energies surrounding the individual to gain a higher understanding of themselves and the world they live in. This is occultism 101.

It’s equally interesting to note that Roma Downey is close friends to Della Reese, the famed singer and actress, as well as founder and pastor of the church of Universal Foundation for Better Living. A Universal new age church which promotes mystic teachings and New Age Spirituality. It is also important to note that when one goes to miss Reese‘s church, its tenants has nothing to do with sin, for the concept of original sin is not accepted, nor is the concept that man is initially a sinner which needs a sinner, nor a Savior, for all men are God’s children, even the worse individual, so there is no need for repentance. Yet the word disputes this notion in Jeremiah 17:9. Yet it was Della Reese who influenced Roma as well as Downey’s husband Mark into seeking another gospel yet keeping some connections to their Catholic teaching, the combination between another Christ found in Catholicism and the addition of New Age spiritualism is a combination that seeks to do one thing, produce another gospel entirely. That is the agenda of those like Ms. Downey and her husband and the mere fact that Jim Bakker, a Pentecostal minister, who began his life preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, but now supports and embraces this new gospel, only cements the belief the apostle Paul warned about in many of his letters to the church, that the time will come when men, having itching ears, will not endure sound doctrine. (2 Timothy 4:3)

This new gospel which is being presented is what we have been warned about which was coming long before its arrival, yet many Christians, not understanding what is being promoted and taught, mainly due to the lack of genuine teaching in most pulpits today in many churches across America, is producing an illiterate group of believers who will not know what type of gospel message, or worse, what type of Christ is being presented, and what’s worse, it’s not the Jesus of the Bible, but another Jesus entirely. It is antichrist.

The gospel of Roma Downey and her husband Mark Burnett, is another Jesus, another gospel and another way, and if one accepts this Jesus, sadly, he will not save, nor redeem them, but condemn them for there is no truth in this Christ but only death, for his name is antichrist and he is the deceiver. Be warned.

Comments
  1. Kathleen M DeZeeuw says:

My own sister has fallen for this lie: she is repeating Roma Downey’s sicking ‘prayer’ mantra’s. I am saddened to the core of my being. Indeed, many are falling away from the Truth, The Way and The Life of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and His precious Blood, she on Calvary’s Hill!!

2. I know when I leave my physical body and mind, I won’t think like this, but for now, I wish I could see all your ignorant faces when the truth about who is deceived is unveiled. You all believe a corrupt PAGAN Roman Emperor – gave you a non-pagan bible – lol

3. D Walden says:

Amazing article and well appreciated. Hide your heart in the word of God for only there are you kept from the deciption that is not coming but already here.

4. J.P. Timmons says:

So sad to learn about this; that is why it is imperative that believers spend time reading and meditating the Scriptures each day and allow the Great Teacher, the Holy Spirit, to “guide you into all truth.” Jesus Himself said that in the Last Days even the very elect were in danger of being deceived. As a minister whose calling is to study and expose the Dark Kingdom I see many led astray through false teaching.

Learn how to spell correctly.

6. Kev says:

I am fully persuaded that we are in the first portion of the great falling away spoken of by Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2. It has been through an indescribable amount of spiritual warfare that I have uncovered the truth about the lies that these people profess. It would surprise many to know that they are Luciferians at the highest levels and are witting participants in this end-time deception.

Even the current charismatic movement is fomented and controlled by them. Their secret agenda is ecumenism and evil unity with Rome and the Vatican.
    Finally the entire scheme is secretly financed and managed by occultists that have their allegiance to secret societies and groups such as the Freemasons and Rosicrucians and the like including First and second world intelligence agencies world wide. The human management and leadership is Jesuit with the Black Pope at the top.

Yes I am a conspiracy realist. My chief source of information is the King James Bible of 1611. This Grand Conspiracy is in play at the direction of none other than Satan himself.
    The truth of Salvation by Grace alone is the one one truth hated above all others by the Roman Catholic Church. If you are not awake to these realities, I pray that you do awaken. You may still be half-asleep. It is time to awaken fully for the days ahead will be darker and darker still.

7. Michael McNeill says:

Who will cast the first stone? Most of the comments above are from blogs. Pure opinions. Roma has given interviews stating she wants others to love Jesus. Read them. If she has an opnion you find offensive, pray for her. Don’t write condemning comments. Each of us has our own relationship with Jesus. Each of us, at one time or another, has crucified him by sharing our opinion. Remember a man named Peter? Jesus infuriated the religious of his day by befriending the unworthy with completely unconventional logic and love. How many of us today would accept (the mistakes of) the woman at the well as an evangelist. I may be mistaken. I don’t care. I trust God. It’s up to Him to judge. Fear is spiritual cancer. It undermines our trust in God. Trust Him, not Roma, and certainly not an article or blog on the internet. Please leave her relationship with Jesus to her. Michael McNeill

• Paul says:

Michael McNeill… I could not have said it better! I could not have said it better! You know what I am sick to death of? It’s spiteful nasty accusations that these SO-CALLED Christians level at people who do make a difference to the Kingdom of Heaven. I for one, have NEVER heard any new age garbage come from the mouths of Roma, Della, or anyone else associated with them. Even on the series Touched By An Angel, God’s love for us was repeated over and over, and yes, even though salvation through repentance was never mentioned word for word, this was ALWAYS demonstrated by the end of each episode. I have heard nothing but love for God, Jesus and especially towards others from these three people, and have never once heard anything pertaining to new age spirituality, or any such nonsense! The only thing I hear here, is the poisonous accusations and spiteful judgements by people who should know better! I am sick to death of these “Christians” (and I do use the term loosely!) who think it’s their God-given right to go around and bitch and complain about alleged semantics and technicalities in regards of how Christians should act, or say! I believe that for every fault we find in another, God can find 100 more faults in us! Jesus also pointed out that “A house divided against it’s self, will fall!” and I don’t think He was only referring to the devil! We as Christians need to stop back stabbing each other because all we are doing is making our faith a laughing stock! Why would anyone want to be a Christian, if all we do is bitch and complain about each other! It is posts and threads like this page, which cause more harm to the Kingdom of God, than anything else Roma, Mark, Della, or anyone else might be perceived as doing! I think this is nothing more than paranoia and as Jesus also said, “For what measure you judge others, you shall also be judged!” This is nothing more than jealousy and I bet that these 3 people have been responsible for turning more people TOWARD God, than anyone on this thread! “Do everything in LOVE!” (1 CORRINTHIANS 13:2-6)

Well said my friend, well said. God bless.

• Branden says:

Michael/Paul, you’re misled if you think that warning the Church about false teachings and false teachers is “judging (e.g. condemnation).” Jesus Himself said to “judge with RIGHTEOUS judgment,” a statement that people like you ignore. We who carry the Truth, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, are not mistaken, and we are called to expose these people. Read the Bible, there’s plenty of evidence and warnings about false teachers and what is supposed to be done about it. We are to expose them and cast them from our midst if they don’t repent. Of course we pray for them…I saw nothing in the article that indicated he doesn’t pray for Roma or Mark or the rest. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. You’re right, Jesus did befriend sinners, but not false teachers. It was exactly the type of false teacher we’re discussing that Jesus rejected, and called out repeatedly. Or again, have you forgotten to read your Bible about the Pharisees and Sadducees and how Jesus handled them? It’s because they were white-washed tombs and false teachers that condemned them. No, sorry, even Roma herself denies sin and original sin, so she is willfully, ignorantly rejecting the Truth and teaching another gospel, a false gospel, and it needs exposed as lovingly as possible. But just because we’re exposing this doesn’t mean we’re unloving. That’s another obsurantist trick to get the focus off the real issue: a rejection of the real Jesus. I pray for you, too, that your ignorance doesn’t blind you to the obvious appeals in Scripture to deny and expose – not just pray for – false teachers. It’s precisely because of this failure that the Church has been infiltrating in America by wolves. I don’t fear Roma or any false teacher, not at all. Who’s afraid? This is a warning piece, not a fear-mongering piece. Additionally, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. So no, fear isn’t spiritual cancer; without fear we would know not courage. One day Jesus will remove all fear. Ironically, your response sounds as if you fear the real truth, that you fear someone calling out these false teachers – and there are numerous false teachers out there.

8. Sharon Swedren says:

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED TO HEAR THIS ABOUT THIS COUPLE! IT’S SAD AND VERY DANGEROUS FOR PEOPLE BELIEVE THIS NEW AGE GOSPEL AND TO PULL PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE REAL MESSAGE, THE REAL JESUS AND HIS TRUTH. I WILL PRAY FOR THEM AND FOR ALL THEIR FOLLOWERS. I AM THANKFUL TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THESE PEOPLE.

9. Paul says:

Oh, and by the way, Doesn’t the Bible also warn about false prophets? Just putting it out there……

Chris. Am realy sory to hear about Roma and the husband and Della. To say I liked and respected them is an understatement. Now I am sory for them and I pray they see the light before it’s too late. We are at the end times and the prophesies in Revelations are manifesting very fast. Please read your Bible with understanding. The Holy Spirit will help you. Dont be an agent of the antichrist when you can be an agent of Jesus Christ, the real and true Son of God.

10. Kathy Davis says:

Thank you so much for this insight into the lives of Roma Downey and Mark Burnett and Della Reese!

I Have a feeling they mean well but are ignorant especially being that she was raised in the Catholic Church. So I will be praying for their souls and the acceptance of the truth of the Gospel. That they recognize that they are sinners and so is everyone else and we all need a Savior. Thank you again for writing about this. God bless you.

Kathy Davis: So true, “we all need a Savior.” That’s exactly why God & Jesus “exist.” “If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him,” Voltaire.

12. Sharon Bird says:

I just watched Mark Burnett receive an Emmy Award for producing the popular TV reality show THE VOICE, which led me to this article. Sadly Mark is among many lost believers who are worshiping false gods.

13. Tara T says:

Mark Burnett is a two faced fake. He created sooo many evils that our society has fallen into. He has exhalted people like Trump and created a path for people like the Kardashians. Nothing but evil from this ‘thing.’

14. Dale Seipel says:

Even in touched by an angel they talk about God a lot but I’ve never heard them ever mention Jesus Christ the only way to God(Heavenly Father)and the warning bells went off then…