JonathanCahn

“I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. (Galatians 1:6-8)

When God speaks to me, he does so in many different ways, a spoken word, the written word and finally either thru dreams and/or visions. For several weeks since my return from China where I have be begun working to return back to China at the end of this summer, I have had no clear and distinct word about anything or anyone. It seemed as though heaven itself had been shut up from me, which is difficult, not to say that God no longer dealt with me about anything – he did and does. Yet the one thing that has not been happening (for whatever reason) which is dreams, have been stopped – until last night.

The following account was a literal prophetic dream where I not only was taken up, but I was placed in a situation, along with a particular individual, whereby the Lord began to once again open up the prophetic to me in such a way that he was revealing what needed to be revealed. It was quite shocking to what I saw, heard and seen, but it must be understood by all that this is by no means an attack against Jonathan Cahn, but a warning of what can happen when we do not line up the teachings of others and instead, we embrace that which is another gospel. Here is that dream the Lord showed me last night:

I found myself standing in front of a large synagogue, it was unusual in that I had never been in such a place before, so I was questioning why I was even there as I made my way inside. I immediately began to walk down the dark pathway, it was darkly lit, which was very unsettling, as I questioned why this place of worship was so darkly lit. I walked slowly, looking at what I was seeing, it was as if the Lord wanted me to see everything, from the people worshiping in a different way, to their strange behavior. That’s when I realized what was going on – they were Christians who were acting Jewish. From believers imitating praying at the prayer wall in Jerusalem, to people blowing a shofar, they were all seemingly spellbound in their attempt to worship under this behavior. I kept walking, paying little attention to other strange behaviors surrounding me, it was as though the people were lost in another form of worship, and it plagued me so. Then, without missing a beat, I heard a voice – the Lord’s voice – began to speak to me. As I continued to walk down this long, dark pathway, the Lord said, “They are following another spirit, another gospel.” I was shocked. How could this be? I questioned the Lord over what he was saying, I mean, how could these people – Christians, be following another spirit? And the Lord spoke again, softly and gently to my spirit, “It’s another spirit, another gospel they are following.” Over and over again, God was speaking to me of what I was seeing, that even though the people were desirable of pleasing the Lord, they were following another spirit and another gospel. I then, for whatever reason, found myself at a door of exit, it was as if God himself supernaturally changed the path I was on and showed me all I needed to see and brought me to the exit, that’s when I met him – Jonathan Cahn. It was strange to say the least as he was going out, but he looked at me as he stopped just short of stepping out and looked at me, his eyes staring intently upon me. He gazed upon me for a few seconds, then suddenly snarled at me like a dog would growl and snarl to someone as a warning to “stay away” – and with that he was gone. That’s when I understood that the place where the Lord had shown me was in fact Cahn’s church. The dream ended.

There is no question in my mind that the Hebrew movement which is plaguing the church today is a Satanic attack upon the body of Christ. This insane desire to return back to law, the desire for the Christian to seek out his or her “Jewish” roots is by far one of the most stupidest things I’ve seen in recent years. Stupid in that it is drawing people away from the cross as the only means to please God (by faith) and instead, it is an attempt to undermine the finished work of the cross. As Paul rightfully states in Galatians 1:6 “I’m astonished you are so quickly deserting the grace of Christ…” [paraphrase mine]. The body of Christ spiritually is under attack from all sorts of myths, fables and lies. The church is inundated with books about Blood Moons, how to be Jewish, the power of the prayer shawl, and other foolish things – the church is drunk on stupid.

The whole movement that Jonathan Cahn and others like him are doing is not bringing people to the cross, but moving people away from the cross into things which are nothing but another spirit, another gospel and it is antichrist. That is what these men, either on purpose or through ignorance are doing – leading men from the only solution to the problems of the day – the cross. There is no question in my mind that God is about to shake the church, and when he does he will do so for a reason, to shake us from our sins so that we will once again be the full embodiment of who Jesus Christ is in these last days in which we live.

Comments
  1. Jane says:

You know Dear Christopher I never thought of this but YOU ARE 100% correct. Mind-boggling. Thank you.

2. Dave Cash says:

Christopher…this group won’t even say the word “cross”..they call it an “impalement stake” or something like that…its getting worse by the day

3. I’ve been saying this for years! Finally I’m not the only one. If you’d lived under the law for any length of time, you’d never want to go back to it once you know the freedom of Jesus Christ.

4. Jane says:

Once again Dear Christopher, I am amazed to see how RIGHT you are. I see it so clearly. Thank you.

You have interpreted this dream in error. This synagogue, is the synagogue of Satan, the beast who will be worshipped there during the New World Order. Christians and Jews and everyone left after the Lord removes us from “the wrath to come,” will enter into this dark place. Jonathan Cahn has never said we must obey the Old Testament laws, yet how beautiful if we do or can, along with the Grace of Jesus Christ! If you do not have the gift of dream interpretation, you are on very dangerous ground sending this out to innocent sheep, who might not be filled to overflowing with oil, or given the Gifts of the Holy Spirit yet.

• No such thing as a pre-wrath “rapture”.

anonymous i agree 100% with you

• Robin says:

If it is the synagogue of Satan as you have interpreted Anonymous, then what was Mr. Cahn doing there and why was he, to put it mildly, unfriendly?

• this gives one something to think about,pray about,and search the old and new testament to validate truth and let the Holy Spirit reveal whats true or not true..prophets know that they are held accountable for every word they speak..Rabbi Cahn has as much right to speak as anyone else.He’s Hebrew or in the Englishword is jewish. He uses the sacred name in prayer.end times are here and the end of this age is fast approaching…we are to study to show our selvesapproved… the truth line upon line and precept upon precept..and the bereans of scripture of salvation and end times warning…Zacheriah 14 warns us not to celebrate pagan holiday when Christ/Yahshua returns….but celebrate the Feast Days…the Blood Moons are a sign of warning..its all thru the scriptures if you read what Christ said in the old testament as well as new..

• Jessie says:

I agree with you, It’s very sad when Christians have to tear someone down with mystical dreams and gossip in order to raise themselves up.

6. Renee says:

Christopher. You are so very wrong. I have been attending a church for the past five years that embraces and teaches the Hebrew roots of our faith. You say this is drawing people away from the cross. I tell you this, I’m closer to the cross than I have ever been. We are not taught in anyway that we are saved by the law. I know very well that the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is my salvation and that is the most important piece of the gospel. I know my pastor would agree. I also know that if I love the Lord I fill follow his commands. Which is the law. Do you really believe that His teaching and instructions are done away with because Jesus died for us? Jesus did not come to abolish the law he actually came to fulfill it. His very own words. His grace enables us to do what he commands and that is beautiful. You should think and pray on this subject more before you rant and judge Christians who are learning the deeper things of God by learning Hebrew roots.

Amen, Renee. Someone needs to read Psalm 119 because it’s all about the love of God’s law. How foolish to think that Christians just embrace the cross and do nothing else. And gasp! If I dare do anything but sit at the foot of the cross, I’m legalistic??! We are called to imitate Christ, and he kept his Father’s commands. We are to share the gospel, which is that we’re no longer under the penalty of sin, which is death, but we are granted access to the Father through the Son, by his merciful love and grace. I have never felt more closer to my Savior until I found a deep love for the law of God. Woe to the teachers who teach lawlessness —

Matthew 5:18-19 says,

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Be careful in calling God’s own law a “deception” and a “pulling away from the cross.” You are distorting his law and will be held in great judgment for teaching others to look upon his commandments negatively. Without the law, you wouldn’t have sin. Without sin, you wouldn’t need grace. Without grace, we wouldn’t have a Savior. Without a Savior, we wouldn’t need the church, and without the church, we wouldn’t have the gospel.

Extending peace in the love of our Messiah.

~ Another sister in Christ

• Tracy says:

I used to go to this church. I don’t claim to be saved, but just looking for a church that speaks the truth. I don’t claim to know what’s true either, obviously I’m confused. One thing that has always bothered me about this church, a bad feeling you could say is that he sells so much in church and sits and signs autographs after service in the church. Does anyone else have a problem with this???

• Very well said! Thank you for posting this!

Very truthful comments Renee, most so called christians who criticize the revelations we’ve found by reading the entire bible and tying it all together have never experienced the freedom we have found. The commands and laws of God are not burdensome if we follow them. Not keeping His law brings on the curse of sin and death. Sin is transgression of the law=LAWLESSNESS. WE only have salvation through shed blood of Yeshua! We keep our salvation because daily we follow Yeshua. He and His apostles kept the feasts and the true sabbath. If He and they are our witness, aren’t we supposed to follow? Religious people have many times in history preferred to follow traditions of man instead of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. If these characters of scripture followed, and God NEVER changes, then it’s blatantly obvious we should due likewise to please THE FATHER! The animal sacrifices have gone away because of Yeshua’s blood sacrifice. Yeshua said: I do what my Father says to do and say what my Father says to say.

Renee..I fully agree.mthe ignorance displayed her on this interpretation of our Hebrew savior and His instructions regarding the difference between grace and obedience is mind boggling. Grace and obedience are not mutually exclusive, but rather thru faith in His grace and mercy we can now have a heart to obey out of love, not constraint. What a grievous display of judgement and fear.

8. Porter says:

“No such thing as a pre wrath rapture”. In my humble opinion that is a brash declarative statement. May I suggest you consider this statement – ” Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.” Mat. 24:44.

9. Levi says:

The true mistake is not in learning of the Old Testament and how if foreshadows the New, but rather churches divided into tens of thousands of disagreeing doctrines each claiming that they have the original and/or “orthodox” teachings. The Roman Catholic Church is known by many of them as the Revelation harlot that has ridden nations of the West- the beastly empires that have resisted God’s will for Israel and killed millions of Christians (Inquisitions) who did not follow her distorted theology. And this is true. Yet in Revelation we find that she is called the “Mother” of harlots, which means she has daughters. These daughter are churches that kept many of her traits, having come from her since the Protestant Reformation, led by Martin Luther (a vicious anti-Semite who initially opposed allowing the Book of Revelation into the emerging Protestant canon, stating that it was uninspired). Moreover, the people that were already being led astray to a different Gospel in the 1st century are now fully led astray in what the Harlot and her daughters have taught them. The churches have no right to claim biblical orthodoxy and the “true Gospel” because they have never cleaned their own houses. They never returned to Sabbath for worship. They have never cleansed Easter bunnies from Passover. And a deceptive replacement theology is still being preached. Indeed, the Protestant founders were a-millennialists and post-millennialists, meaning that they did not believe in Christ returning to reign in Jerusalem for 1,000 years before the G.W.T.J.

Conclusion? God does not want Christians to continue as usual in the false notion of the churches carrying the true Gospel. They don’t. Churches pepper this great nation of America in its cities, and they are indeed found in every small town across from coast to coast, and yet our nation is morally bankrupt. People are not buying the façade of church orthodoxy anymore; they are learning the truths from Scripture, and they rejoice to see the works of God in the Old Testament and how they foreshadow the New. While there is a legalistic spirit in some of these movements, about what can or cannot be eaten, they generally make people all the more zealous for the Word of God, and all the more eager for the coming of Christ. If you want to dream of evil being done by Christians, look at the “orthodox” denominations appointed homosexual ministers. Look at the false pretribulation doctrine, which blinds believers to the need of studying Scriptures. (Why need they if they will be swept away?) I have watched several of Jonathon Cahn’s videos, and I know that proclaims salvation through Christ’s sacrifice. And I have seen him assert that Christians must keep all the Torah’s laws. What I have found is that he looks to how the shadows confess the Substance. I think you should rethink what voices are speaking to you in your dreams. Perhaps they are the same one that led the Roman Church to abandon the original Gospel and to forbid Christians from keeping the Sabbath and honoring biblical holy days.

10. I, too, follow Messianic Judaism. We try as best we can to follow the same walk that Yeshua, Himself, walked and taught; what Peter, John, James and Paul walked and taught, not what Rome conjured up for us some 1500-1700 years ago. I’ve been in Messianic Judaism for the last 10+years and have never felt as close to the cross, not in all the years before realizing just how lopsided and upside-down wrong the mainstream churches have it. I thank G-d for Messianic Judaism!! The rituals and traditions of Judaism are absolutely lovely and so beautiful, especially when Yeshua is added into them. They are so moving.
    I noticed in the article that Mr. Christopher actually had very little to say, which was very indicative of the fact that he apparently has very little knowledge of what he was putting down. I would suggest that a good reporter would actually spend some time in a few of those services before attempting to destroy them. He might find out for himself that he was quite mistaken. (But, please, be it known, that Messianic shuls can be as dauntingly different from place to place as any 2-3 Baptist or Methodist or Lutheran, etc., churches can be. Visit a few different places and give them the befit of the doubt to start out, and then take it from there. I truly think you’ll be surprised by just how much of the Word you’ll be taught.)

• Oooops!!!!!!! I meant to say, “….and give the the BENEFIT of the doubt….” Sooooo very sorry for the mistake that I missed in proof-reading the post. My face hangs red in embarrassment…….

11. I’ve heard Johnathan Cahn preach Jesus as the only true messiah. I’ve noticed also however that many Christians on social media are trying to use Hebrew terms and names. Also many have begun calling the Holy Spirit, just….Holy Spirit. Like we have to get His mane perfectly correct. That really bothers me, because it seems to be the latest fad, and they expect everyone to conform. Like the hyper faith and prosperity gospel of the 80’s and 90’s. I got kicked out of one bible study for not towing that line of lies. Now today all the members of that group are scattered and one went to Jail, another died relatively young. Why do we as a church chase after fads?

• SP Smith says:

I need to buy a prayer shawl, so that LORD JESUS would actually answer my prayers. (sarcasm)

If your name was Juan because you were from Mexico — and you moved to the US, people would call you John. But your BIRTH name was Juan. Sounds like right now, the new fad is calling our Savior by the name most would prefer to call him, which wasn’t his actual name. But of course, he knows who we’re talking to — and Jesus/Yeshua, it matters not. Don’t call it a fad. It’s his real name. And the reason why it’s beautiful is because of the meaning. Yeshua in Hebrew actually means SALVATION. Jesus doesn’t. So maybe some find more meaning in addressing our Savior, the King of kings, by his real, name that everyone of his friends called him. Is it really that hard to conform to truth? Yeshua is NOT unpronounceable. I agree that we don’t need to say everything in Hebrew, but you must be able to understand Hebrew and the culture/language in order to glean from the Bible as much as possible. But the name thing — come on now. That’s a silly argument, if it’s even an argument at all. Don’t apply your negative experience with a group you were part of and apply it to another group of people.

• Angel Dancer says:

Yes I have also noticed “holy Spirit” thing, and it truly bothers me that so many are doing it. Where on earth did this come from?

12. SP Smith says:

Hello Christopher,

First, I would like to thank LORD JESUS for sending me to this article. I was apprehensive about clicking on this link because I feared that it was something negative about Cahn, but I want to know the truth. I know that LORD JESUS was trying to inform me about this guy when he was on the Jim Bakker Show. It was the same feeling that came over me, a sense of “foolishness” was being perceived about Cahn, which was revealed to me by LORD JESUS, which was also revealed to me as I watched Joel Osteen’s wife, on my internet streamed program. Osteen’s wife was not anointed to speak, but instead she spoke non-sense in front of a huge congregation. What a shame. This same revelation was given to me when Cahn gave a blessing, spoken in Hebrew, on the Jim Bakker Show. I would not say that I ignored the revelation, but I definitely wondered about Cahn after that experience. I am disappointed, but LORD JESUS knew I was concerned about Cahn’s authenticity because Cahn praised America’s “founding fathers” in “The Harbinger”. America’s forefather’s, Washington, Franklin, or even Christopher Columbus should never be commended because they were highly involved in the occult. People need to be aware that America’s presidency throughout history have been and still are puppets of Satan. One thing that I love about LORD JESUS is that if one is sincerely open to the TRUTH, accepting of the TRUTH, would denounce deceptions or falsehood, and does not have itching ears, then LORD JESUS will lead one to the TRUTH.

Perhaps you need to spend time with the Father and pray about your “dream” as being “Thus sayeth the LORD.” Your dream contradicts truth — in that God desires for his children to be obedient, not to just sit down and bask in his love and grace and do nothing. I’m sorry, but that message is a lie from Satan. He encourages us to “just believe” without doing a thing about our faith! Too many people will die and be told in the last days, “I never knew you! Depart from me, you who practice lawlessness” by our Savior Jesus Christ! Jonathan Cahn preaches the gospel and shares that it’s ONLY by our faith that we’re saved! Anyone who encourages otherwise does not understand God’s grace. But to use this grace as an ongoing excuse to continue sinning is grievous to our LORD and Savior. I wouldn’t take all your dreams so literal — and if you do, you must be in prayer when considering the words you speak in interpreting it. You, my brother, are just as capable of being deceived, seeing that you are within the faith. Pray that your dream isn’t the enemy masquerading as an “angel of light” to turn you away from God’s own commands. That’s always been his #1 mission. Our churches are so corrupted now. The only thing we can rely on is God’s own commandments, which we are told over and over to keep. It’s no different than the mainstream Christian rules we have set forth upon us today.

Most people, when becoming a Christian, start going to church, reading their Bible, get involved in a ministry, feed the homeless, listen to Christian music — Christianity has a law in itself! It’s not wrong to do these things! But when we desire to know about the faith of our Savior, it’s all of a sudden wrong? How absurd and foolish and completely ridiculous to think that! If we have Christian liberties to do as we please, why is it wrong to actually follow the biblical dietary laws? I mean, so many are doing all these other diets, but it’s only wrong when we keep God’s laws because it’s “Old Testament?” News flash — murder is in the OT. So is homosexuality.

If I choose to celebrate God’s feast days (which by the way, he called “MY HOLY CONVOCATIONS”) instead of the man-made holidays, I’m deceived? If I choose to eat the diet he advised us in Lev 11, I’m the one deceived? If I choose to honor the 7th day Sabbath instead of doing it on a Sunday, I’m wrong because I’m going “back to the law?” Wow. This is ridiculous to even think this.

God’s law is BEAUTIFUL. It is NOT bondage and by teaching so, you are heaping hot coals upon your head calling his law, in a sense, a curse.

14. Angel Dancer says:

I ‘accidently’ came across this site because I was looking for somewhere to discuss my sorrow. I have just watched Jonathan Cahn’s latest video posted just 1 week ago. In it he clearly backtracks on his harbinger prophecy timings. He says that he has always just suggested a timing for judgment to come to America and that he has never suggested to hold fast to certain dates. But his whole Shmetah/Jubilee prophecy rotated around his belief that judgement would begin on the 29th of Elul and how everything had always happened exactly on that date. Now he is saying it may not even happen this Autumn. He seemed very sheepish and maybe even deceitful.
    I would be very interested in anyone else’s opinion that has watched it.
    A prophet who speaks at the highest level of government and at the UN and then when the time gets close for his word to be fulfilled and then he backtracks to cover his back…..i don’t know.

15. stephen says:

There are some problems with the following…

The Cahn said… “September 13 – The last day of the Shemitah year. During the last two Shemitah cycles, we witnessed record-breaking stock market crashes on the very last day of the Shemitah year (Elul 29 on the Biblical calendar). For example, if you go back to September 17th, 2001 (which was Elul 29 on the Biblical calendar), we witnessed the greatest one day stock market crash in all of U.S. history up until that time. The Dow plunged 684 points, and it was a record that held for exactly seven years until the end of the next Shemitah cycle. On September 29th, 2008 (which was also Elul 29 on the Biblical calendar), the Dow plummeted 777 points, which still today remains the greatest one day stock market crash of all time in the United States. Now we are in another Shemitah year. It began in the fall of 2014, and it ends on September 13th, 2015.”

The problem is the application of the shemitah to the U.S. is NOT in the bible! Consider the truth of what scripture actually says…

Deuteronomy 15:1-4 (Debts Canceled Every Seven Years)
    “At the end of every seven years you shall grant a RELEASE OF DEBTS. 2 And this is the form of the release: Every creditor who has lent anything to his neighbor shall release it; he shall not require it of his neighbor or his brother, because it is called the Lord’s release. 3 Of a foreigner you may require it; but you shall give up your claim to what is owed by your brother, 4 except when there may be no poor among you; for the Lord will greatly bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you to possess as an inheritance”

‘Rabbi’ Cahn teaches the shemitah wipes out & destroys economies, the stock market , etc – but that is not what scripture says. The stock market is invested money, it is not debt! So all the numbers that Cahn quotes about the 2001 and 2008 stock market ‘crashes’ which were actually dips, and many of which are inaccurate (he rounds #s up & down) is disingenuous to scripture.

What else is wrong with Cahn’s shemitah application to the U.S.?

Amos 3:7 states the Father keeps His people informed via His prophets (the major and minor prophets of the bible). So if the shemitah was ever to apply to another nation, we would see a prophesy stating such. Do we see any prophecy in scripture about the shemitah being applied to any other nation than Israel?

(crickets chirping…) No!

In Deut 15:1-4 what we see is pretty self explanatory – the people in the land of Israel could loan money to each other but after 7 years, all debts were forgiven. What the Father did was to institute a self regulatory system where Israelites could not enslave their brethren via debt. It also regulated lending so none would squander their wealth by lending outrageous amounts of money to people who might not be able to pay it back by the seven year mark. The whole point of this commandment was to put Israel in a position of blessing by being the lender and not the borrower i.e. slave. Despite this, Cahn has focused on the stock market and not on debts as the scripture shows.

Debt levels versus Stock Market
    The biggest problem with Cahn and his shemitah and its ‘wake of destruction’ it causes is that it’s not in the bible! That’s right, the bible says it’s a releasing and wiping away of ALL debts and there is NO mention or example of having a ‘deadly wake’ upon any society. NONE of the market dips or ‘crashes’ in U.S. history have done that, ever! Consider the Sept 2008 ‘crash’ that only dropped 6.98%. God and His word says ALL will be wiped away but the stock market only dropped
    6.98% and later recovered (BTW the stock market is invested money and not a record of government and consumer debt in the U.S). In regards to actual debt levels, it actually increased during this ‘crash’. Remember the response to this ‘crash’? It was bailout of over 700 million dollars – massive debt that was placed upon the citizens of this nation. We also saw during this time the increase of consumer debt as well. So why doesn’t Cahn use the actual debt figures during these time periods? Why does he use stock market figures and not reference debt levels? Perhaps because they go against his unbiblical ‘deadly wake’ and shemitah claims. If he actually reported the debt levels before and after this time people would see the truth. So what do the debt levels actually show? Consider the following…

The median household debt has increased every year from 2000 to 2011. So much for the shemitah having an actual effect on the U.S. when it comes to the only thing scripture says it will do, release of debts.

If we look at the National Debt of the U.S. by year we see a steady increase of debt each and ever year from 1930 to the present (ref. usgovernmentspending.com).

Cahn claims that the shemitah applies to the U.S. but from 1930 to today we see no wiping away of any debts whatsoever. What we do see is a steady increase in debt levels. Now Cahn states that even though George Washington made a covenant vow to God back in 1789, the shemitahs were only RECENTLY applied to the U.S. – which we see no prophesies or teachings of in scripture. What Cahn does is take similar things and comes to the conclusion it must be a secret revelation or mystery explained. The problem is many things in history are similar to scripture but that does not mean it’s true or in accordance with scripture, or does that mean it’s a secret revelation. There have been thousands of prophesies about the end times, rapture and tribulation and they are all based upon the similarity of the times but as we know all have failed.

Now Cahn claims that the shemitahs only recently been applied to the U.S. but offers no scripture to back up the lack of shemitahs from 1789 to 2001. God and His word states “that My word goes forth and accomplishes what it was set forth to do” ref. Amos 3:7. Interesting is that we see the shemitah was only applied to Israel and NO other country! There are no prophesies about a person making a covenant with God in a land far, far away and how the shemitah will be enforced upon that nation. For whatever reason is that is known only to Rabbi Cahn, the shemitahs started in 2001 and again was seen in 2008. If what Cahn is teaching is true then we should be able to see a drop in debt levels during those two years; remember scripture says it’s a TOTAL wiping away of all debt. So what do we see in the

From 2001 to 2002 we see an increase of debt! Wait a second, ‘Rabbi’ Cahn states that was a shemitah year so according to God’s word we should have seen a total wiping away of debt. Instead we see an increase of over 420 million dollars (420,772,553,397)! So what do we see when we look at the 2008 shemitah year? The 2008 to 2009 debt levels? Opps! It’s another debt increase of over 1.8 billion dollars (1,885,104,106,599). No wonder ‘Rabbi’ Cahn doesn’t tell anyone about this – it would ruin his book and DVD sales!

Other facts show that U.S. debt has steady increased EVERY YEAR since 1930, with no wiping away ever recorded! Again something that Cahn never discusses.

According to these facts, the debt levels show an increase each and ever year. So the very thing Cahn teaches, that debts will be wiped away (government and consumer debts), the opposite actually happened. There has NEVER been a time in U.S. history where ALL debt was totally wiped away. These debt levels actually increased during this times! Yet when this is presented to Cahn all you hear are crickets. Is this how a man of God is supposed to act?

The fact that government and consumer debts have risen considerably and consistently during these so called shemitah years leads us to come to one of two conclusions.

1. That the bible is not true; that God lied and He did not do what He said He would.

Or…

2. That ‘Rabbi’ Johnathan Cahn is a liar, a false teacher and
    a false prophet, who is fleecing the flock.

Or…

3 He is sincere but ignorant of what scripture actually teaches – and thus should not be a teacher.

Those are the only three options, the question is, in light of all the facts, who are you going to follow?

Another HUGE problem! So what about the foreigners?
    Any time we look at scripture we need to look at the context of the passage. We don’t want to misapply God’s word to a place, time or people in which it was not intended. Let’s look at the passage often quoted by ‘Rabbi’ Cahn, Deuteronomy 15:1-4…

“At the end of every seven years you shall grant a release of debts. 2 And this is the form of the release: Every creditor who has lent anything to his neighbor shall release it; he shall not require it of his neighbor or his brother, because it is called the Lord’s release. 3 Of a foreigner you may require it; but you shall give up your claim to what is owed by your brother, 4 except when there may be no poor among you; for the Lord will greatly bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you to possess as an inheritance—“

Here we see that the releasing of debts is NOT mandatory in regards to foreigners. Notice the part that says ‘you may require it’. So when it comes to foreigners, you may require it or you may not. This context disproves Cahn and his followers when it comes to applying the shemitah to
    all foreigners in the U.S. (release of debts and not stock market investments). In the United States there are about 5-7 million Jews and a total population of 318.9 million (2014 figures) via thewww.census.gov website. If we say there are 6 million Jews in the U.S. they only make up about .018 percent of the population. So if we apply what the scripture says about the shemitah to foreigners, there is the option for Jews to release foreigner’s debts or not. We also do not see any command from God stating that foreigners must release debts of other foreigners. This is huge and again it’s something that ‘Rabbi’ Cahn does not write in his books or tell his followers. If you’re going to pull scripture out of context and ignore key elements as Cahn has done with Deuteronomy 15, then how can we trust his conclusions?

Simply we cannot.

Sincere, but sincerely wrong
    Many people have said that what’s important is Cahn’s intent and the sincerity of his message. Ok but where in scripture do we see that the ‘end justifies the means’? Where do we see that it’s okay to pull scripture out of context and apply it to any other nation? We don’t. Where do we see it’s ok to teach and promote a claim where God only partially does what He say He will do? We don’t. Where do see any prophesy that a vow and/or covenant made by man to God, it holds God hostage to that vow? We don’t – the only binding and lasting covenants are the ones that God, our Father, makes with man. Where do we see that its okay to fudge the numbers to make them fit the message? We don’t. See the problems with Cahn’s in his books, “The Harbinger” and “The Mystery of the Shemitah”? Another problem is the majority who follow Cahn are not testing what he teaches against the whole context of God’s word. And sadly, many will fall away from the faith when nothing happens in this September, 2015. No matter how sincere one is, it does not justify false teaching or teaching of things that are not in scripture as if they were.

Summary
    There are so many things wrong with ‘Rabbi’ Johnathan Cahn’s
    teachings but here I wanted to address the easiest ones which can be tested against scripture and the historical facts of our country’s debt levels from 1930 to present day. The largest facts being that government and consumer debt levels that rose during the years that Cahn states the shemitah had occurred before, during and afterward. And that there are no prophecies stating the shemitah would be applied to any other nation or that it would used as a punishment against anyone. Its amazing what scripture actually says versus what Cahn states.

Today choose whom you shall serve.

Stephen at graceloveobey.com

There something that many people dont understand about dreams they’re dream’s from God and they’re dreams from satan. The devil can make us think were doing Gods work when we may not . It’s not good to speak bad about others serving God let alone a messianic jew that serves God. I’ll pray for u tonight brother.

• You are an idiot. I have very to little patience for ignorant Christians who A) never read the word to see what’s true or not and B) who are easily tickled by a false teacher such as Cahn. Next time open the book before you comment to someone who can actually handle you correctly with the word of God. Consider this reply a harsh rebuke.

I love u brother and will pray for u

18. Julia Moore says:

Christopher’s comment is the product of a dream. Dreams have brought us John on Patmos’ vision of the future, Joseph Smith’s books and beliefs, and Mohammeds’ religion of Islam.
    You need to bathe your dreams in a lot of scripture and prayer. Feelings get us confused and thinking we are doing and saying Godly things when we are actually way off.